Sunday, March 1, 2015

Yellow Tail Special Selection Reserve Merlot

Name: Yellow Tail Special Selection Reserve Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: South Eastern
Country: Australia
Year: 2013
Price: $12 (sale $6)

Winery Review: Round, velvety and mouthfilling, this is a satisfying merlot at a bargain price. Aromas of black cherries and herbs fold in hints of cinnamon and mooch, while the flavors are generally fruity, but with a slightly tomatoey note. Soft on the finish. Drink now. 

My Review: I tried this at the Vintage Cellar on 2/29 with my roomie and she LOVED it, so much so that she bought a bottle! I thought it had a wooden taste, and went down smooth. A very smooth finish. Not too dry like other Merlots, but after swallowing it made my mouth salivate a lot a lot. Really good value. Apparently it's in all 7/11 stores and I'd definitely recommend getting it. After purchasing a bottle we went home and had this with Benny's pizza, which made it even better! I'm definitely going to get a bottle and take it home to my dad because I think he would really enjoy this with me if I fixed a nice spaghetti dinner! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment