Sunday, March 1, 2015

Barefoot Cellars Red Moscato

Name: Barefoot Cellars Red Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $7

Winery Review: Refreshingly sweet, the wine has aromas of red fruits. Juicy flavors of red cherry and raspberry shimmy with a sweet citrus.

My Review: I tried this with my roomie, who correctly identified the cherry tastes in this wine. She also could smell a shampoo or air-freshener fragrance. I identified a peachy-ness taste in it. Very sweet, but not too sweet, like the Barefoot Riesling. Very pleasant and fruity, with cherry acidness. This went down smooth and had lots of citrus tastes to it. We could drink this all night, and did, while watching The Interview on Netflix. :) I did not try this with any food, and it definitely didn't need it. I would only want to drink this with a small dessert, maybe even just a Krispy Kreme doughnut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment