Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Concha y Toro Frontera Vintage Red

Name: Concha y Toro Frontera Vintage Red
Variety: 80% Shiraz/Syrah, 11% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 1883
Price: was given as gift to my parents, apparently its only about $5

Dallas Wine Competition awarded the 2011 vintage Silver

Winery Review: A blended, branded wine produced by one of Chile's best volume winemakers - Concha Y Toro, made from grapes grown in their own vineyards spread across the Central Valley. Mainly Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, with the addition of other varietals, this wine has been produced in a very modern style. Extremely fruity, with blackberry, strawberry and blackcurrant fruit flavours, with no oaking or heavy tannins, making this a satisfying yet easy drinking wine.

My Review: This is the first red blend that I've ever tried. It smells fruity. I can definitely taste dark berries and the black currant. I could taste mild fruits. There was no oakiness and very low tannins. It was really drinkable alone, but I also had it with chicken and mashed potatoes, which made it really good. I tried this with my mom over spring break and thought it was a really good wine for the price of it, but my mom wouldn't buy or recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment