Sunday, March 1, 2015

Gallo Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Gallo Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon, Ruby Cabernet
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2003
Price: $2

Winery Review: Is medium bodied with a smooth finish. It has mouthwatering flavors of jammy blackberry and raspberry with hints of cassis. This is combined with well integrated oak and flavors of cinnamon and clove. 

My Review: It's light in body, not much for structure or complexity. Some nice tannins, and strong notes of apple peel. I tasted this with my roomie and we held cinnamon next to it to hopefully get a hint of the smell of cinnamon in it like the winery review said, but definitely didn't smell any of it. My roomie identified a sweet, cranberry smell. I think it smells like balsamic vinegar. Drier than a merlot I had tasted beforehand. I did not try this with any food, although it would definitely go down a lot smoother paired with some awesome cheese and crackers probably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment