Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mirassou Winery Chardonnay

Name: Mirassou Winery Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay 
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $8

Wine Makers Note: Mirassou California Chardonnay is fruit forward with delicious stone fruit flavors of peach and nectarine, complemented by tropical notes and a hint of citrus. A subtle oak character frames this medium-bodied wine. 


My Review: Very, very pale yellow in color/almost clear. It smells fruity. Very citrusy smelling, with white grape and lemon and peach aromas coming through. Alcohol comes through on the initial taste for me, which I guess means it has a higher heat than I was expecting. It tastes very sweet, almost too sweet for a Chardonnay. I could taste the peach flavors, and maybe some mango. I tried this with my mom over my spring break. I thought it was an alright bottle of wine, but my mom wouldn't recommend it. I did not have it with any food, but it tastes as if it would go well with some kind of cheese. It might be better chilled, but we had it at room temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment