Sunday, March 1, 2015

Crane Lake Wine Riesling


Name: Crane Lake WIne Riesling 
Variety: Riesling
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Winery Review: Punchy lime and lemon mark this off-dry Riesling with a staccato rhythm, adding edge to honeyed tones of peach and honeysuckle. Exceptionally priced, it's satisfying and elegant. 

My Review: I. LOVE. THIS. WINE. I tried this with my roomie at the Vintage Cellar on 2/29 during a tasting with some other wines that were under $10 and liked it so much I bought two bottles, one for me and one to take home for spring break to enjoy with my mama. It wasn't too sweet, like the Barefoot Riesling, but still sweet and refreshing. There were citrus aromas, such as lemon. There was an acidity and tartness that wasn't too overpowering. I took this home to let my other roomie try and this was her favorite of the bunch that we brought home too. I'm very excited about this wine. I didn't try it with any food, and it definitely doesn't need it. I'd only have it with a dessert such as tiramisu or maybe dessert crepes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment